Liquid Gold from Morocco:
the Numerous Benefits of Argan Oil
Argan oil’s popularity is not only credited to the sworn statements of the people of Morocco who have been using it for centuries. Scientific research and studies have proven these claims to be true as well. When this oil was tested in various laboratories outside of Morocco, scientists were able to discover its true value.
Highly rich in vitamins E and F, fatty acids, squalene, antioxidants, carotene, phytosterols, and phenolic compounds, argan oil was clinically tested and proven to be quite miraculous indeed.
What Can You Expect?
Before going through the numerous benefits of argan oil, we will explain the differences between argan oil used for cosmetic purposes and argan oil for culinary purposes. We will then walk you through the many different benefits of argan oil, starting with cosmetic argan oil. After reading this page, you will have learned about the most important benefits of argan oil and understand why argan oil is known as “liquid gold.”
What Are the Differences Between Argan Oil Produced for Cosmetic and Culinary Uses?
The first difference lies in how they are produced. While argan oil for cosmetic uses is pressed from the raw kernels of the argan tree, argan oil for culinary uses is taken from kernels that have been gently roasted. The second difference is that for pressing cosmetic argan oil, only kernels of the highest quality are used. Both types of oil are highly beneficial.
Argan Oil, the Basis of True Beauty
As a cosmetic ingredient, argan oil is best for skin care. Keeping the skin healthy and well nourished is highly important, as other parts of the body rely on the skin for nutrients. For example, hair and nails grow from the skin. If skin is dry and lacking in nutrients, the growth and strength of both hair and nails will be affected. It is important to first and foremost keep skin moisturized and well nourished. When the skin gets its daily dose of protection and vitamins, it will help nourish other parts of the body as well. In addition to this indirect effect, argan oil also has numerous advantages when applied directly to nails and hair.
All the Benefits of Argan Oil for Cosmetic Purposes
Argan Oil for Skin Care
- Argan oil is a wonderful moisturizer. As this oil is rich in fatty acids, it is better than most moisturizers.
- It is totally natural, making it safe for all ages and all skin types.
- This oil has antimicrobial properties, making it great for the skin and lesions.
- This product is easily absorbable by the skin. Because it does not contain any cholesterol, it does not leave any residue.
- Pregnant women will love this product. When applied regularly, it will reduce and prevent stretch marks from appearing on the skin’s surface.
- Argan oil regulates and keeps the pH balance of the skin normal. This keeps the skin protected from sun exposure, smoking, pollution, etc.
- It reduces skin inflammation and helps in curing several skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
- It is also effective in helping to eliminate scars produced by chicken pox and burns.
Argan Oil and Dry Skin
- The perfect food for the skin, argan oil nourishes and moisturizes dry, scaly and flaky skin.
- The active compounds found in this oil are essential for regulating healthy and hydrated skin.
What Argan Oil Can Do for Oily Skin
- This oil regulates sebum production to keep the skin’s natural oils at a healthy level. With its use, the skin does not look and feel oily any more.
- When the body’s glands produce too much oil, argan oil acts as a neutralizer and brings the body’s natural oils to a normal level.
The Benefits of Argan Oil for Irritated and Itchy Skin
- For itchy skin brought about by dryness, allergies, or other skin conditions, argan oil soothes the skin and alleviates itchiness.
- The oil’s properties protect skin from allergens that may cause itchiness and solves skin dryness by keeping skin moisturized.
How Argan Oil Can Help With Treating Acne
- Argan oil is effective in controlling the production of sebum. Sebum is an oil produced by the body. When too much is produced, acne usually occurs.
- It prevents redness and inflammation brought about by acne.
- This oil not only reduces acne, but its properties also help in reducing the appearance of ugly scars left by acne.
The Benefits of Argan Oil Against Aging
- Argan oil helps to stimulate the renewal of skin cells, making the skin more elastic.
- It effectively reduces wrinkles and skin lines.
- It rehydrates dry and damaged skin, helping to reverse aging.
- Massaging this oil in the body helps relieve sore muscles caused by aging.
Argan Oil and Stretch Marks
- Argan oil, being rich in antioxidants, supplements the skin and keeps skin elastic during pregnancy. Regular application will quickly help to substantially prevent and reduce stretch marks.
- The antioxidants prevent the breakdown of two important skin proteins – elastin and collagen. These two components are important in skin regeneration to keep stretch marks
- Essential fatty acids like linoleic acid help preserve cell integrity. Argan oil has 3 times more linoleic acid than olive oil. This high concentration of linoleic acid helps to restore the skin’s elasticity.
- This oil is also perfect for repairing skin discoloration brought about by stretch marks.
Argan Oil for Treating Eczema and Psoriasis
- The unique blend of nutrients found in argan oil greatly helps in alleviating the inflammatory symptoms associated with psoriasis.
- The same components of this oil act as excellent moisturizers for psoriatic plaques.
- It addresses immunity problems and allergies that trigger eczema symptoms.
- Argan oil, being a wonderful moisturizer, effectively treats dry and scaly skin caused by both psoriasis and eczema.
- It makes psoriasis and eczema more tolerable.
- This oil reduces skin redness.
Argan Oil and Its Huge Benefits for Your Hair
- Argan oil properties effectively repairs damaged hair – whether from chemicals or the natural elements.
- This oil is able to moisturize dry and frizzy hair instantly upon application.
- It actively prevents split ends.
- It restores the shine in otherwise dull-looking hair.
- Argan oil can increase hair growth, solving problems with balding.
- This oil also helps control, cure, and prevent dry and itchy scalp.
The Benefits of Argan Oil for Treating Your Scalp
- As this oil is a wonderful source of moisturizing ingredients, it keeps the scalp healthy and well nourished.
- A few drops of this oil to the scalp will protect it from dandruff.
- When gently massaged into the scalp, argan oil will keep the roots of the hair hydrated, protected, and well nourished.
The Benefits of Argan Oil for Your Nails
- Argan oil’s properties help keep nails strong and healthy.
- This oil restores nails’ natural shine.
- Regular application easily resolves brittle nail problems.
Argan Oil and Its Benefits for Cuticles
- Soaking your cuticles in argan oil will help keep them soft and manageable.
- Keeping your cuticles nourished with the oil will also help keep your nails healthy and strong.
Argan Oil Benefits Against Ultraviolet (UV) Light and for Sun-Damaged Skin
- Antioxidants found in argan oil are vital in effectively protecting skin cells from UV light.
- The vitamin E found in argan oil will protect the epidermal layers of the skin. This will protect skin from various stages of UV light damage.
- Argan oil can effectively hydrate skin damaged by UV light from the sun.
- Dry, damaged skin needs non-detergent based, neutral-pH products to cleanse skin. Argan oil provides that natural and delicate cleansing action to sun-damaged skin.
- Regular application of this oil to sunburned skin will moisturize skin back to health.
Argan Oil Protects Skin Against Dangers of Cold Weather
- Argan oil’s properties prevent loss of moisture from the skin brought about by cold weather.
- This oil actively moisturizes dry, scaly, itchy skin that usually appears during winter months.
- Skin cracks brought about by cold temperatures and indoor heating systems make skin vulnerable to bacteria and blocked pores. Argan oil helps to protect skin from infection and ably infiltrates pores to moisturize them.
Argan Oil for Superb Massages
- Because this oil is light, long-lasting, and known to be an oil with low acidity and high stability, it is easily absorbed by the skin.
- Application of argan oil during massage helps alleviate symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Argan oil helps to relieve muscle cramping and restless leg syndrome.
Health Benefits of Consuming Argan Oil!
Berber women and other people of Morocco have been using argan oil not just for cosmetic purposes but also for human consumption. They use this oil to make various meals and pastries. Today, chefs from all over the world are clamoring to get ahold of this “liquid gold,” not just for its taste, but more importantly, for its nutritional value.
What Are the Health Benefits of Culinary Argan Oil?
Argan oil is rich in vitamins E and F, which help you stay healthy. Rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids, scientific research suggests that argan oil helps in:
- lowering cholesterol.
- improving the circulation in the body.
- stabilizing the body’s blood sugar.
- Easing pain from rheumatism and arthritis.
- strengthening the body’s immune system.
- preventing various types of cancers such as prostate cancer.
- reducing the body’s resistance to insulin, helping treat diabetes.
- protecting the body from cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases.
Argan Oil Is Also Great for Adding a Delicate Taste to Your Meal
Culinary argan oil is known for its nutty aroma and delicate taste. Truly a wonder ingredient in the kitchen, argan oil is making dishes tasty while keeping the body supplemented and free from various health problems.
Nutritional Breakdown (per Tablespoon):
8 g (12%)
0 mg. (0%)
3.4 mg (23%)
1.4 g (7%)
Argan Oil Helps Empower Women
Today, aside from these many benefits, the popularity of argan oil around the world has enabled women to help their families financially. With the help of various cooperatives, the Berber women of southern Morocco are instructed to work for a certain number of hours to produce the oil. They are also encouraged to attend regular schooling – something they did not have the means to do before. These women have become more empowered, gaining more rights and living more freely. Argan oil has truly been a blessing to these women!
Conclusion: All These Benefits Show That Argan Oil Is Rightfully Named “Liquid Gold”
Argan oil is 100% natural and chemical free. This wondrous oil is safe for all, including children and those who are very sensitive. Truly a “liquid gold” in every aspectargan oil is beneficial not just cosmetically but healthwise as well. If these benefits are not enough, just think of how this oil has helped empower women. That is a miracle in itself!